Part 1. What to Know about Individual Income Tax Rates?
How high are individual
income tax rates in your state?
The tax rate you pay is determined on your filing status and the amount of taxable income you report each year. The tax brackets can help you figure out how much you will expect to pay in taxes for the year.
2021-2022 Tax Brackets and Rates
Tax Brackets and Rates2022 tax filing season will begin on January 24, and most Americans will have until April 18 to file their returns, though they can request a six-month extension until October 17.
Tax Brackets and RatesThe IRS released new tax brackets on Nov. 10 for the 2022 tax year, which will be due in April 2023 or October 2023 if you file an extension.
Part 2. When to File Tax?
File your taxes by April 18, 2022, but if you live in Maine or Massachusetts, you can file by April 19, 2022.
Part 3. Where to File Tax?
Where to File Tax Returns - Addresses Listed
by Return Type
In order to determine where to file your return, identify the form number for which you need the informationCheck the filing address by return type >>
Where to File Addresses for Tax
Returns by State
Each states has different addresses for filing tax returns.Check the tax filing address by state >>
Part 4. How to File Tax?
A little prep work can save your time and money
- Gather all the annual tax documents you've received that record your taxable income and deductible expenses.
- Collect all your receipts and organize them by category if you itemize your deductions.
- Dig out a copy of last year's taxes for reference.
- Get the needed tax forms from your tax pro, tax software, or the IRS.
Determine Filing Status
- Marital status and spouse's year of death (if applicable).
- The percentage of the costs that your household members paid toward keeping up a home.
Choose File Options
- Use IRS Free File or Fillable Forms.
- Use a Free Tax Return Preparation Site - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) /Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE).
- Use Commercial Software.
- Find an Authorized e-file Provider.
Confirm Key Informations
- Please confirm if you choose a correct tax form and see if you are eligible for credits and deductions.
File Your Taxes
- Choose the filing method that best meets your needs: online, by email, or through a tax professional.
- File your taxes by April 18, 2022, but if you live in Maine or Massachusetts, you need to file by April 19, 2022.
Check Your Tax Refund Status
- Use the Where's My Refund tool or the IRS2Go mobile app to check your refund online. This is the quickest and most convenient method of tracking your refund. The systems are updated once every 24 hours.
Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions
Part 6. Fill Forms with PDFelement - PDF Editor
A Complete PDF
Tax Form Filling Solution
PDFelement as an all-in-one PDF solution can help you fill and sign PDF forms with ease. You can also (batch) print and send the PDF tax forms to others quickly.